? ??????????????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??10 Grabs Today. 1707 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Born 2 Be A Star? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (17 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 7898 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Pu BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am WOMAN, hear me Roar!

My morning started with my husband coming in the bedroom and saying that his car wouldn't start. The battery cables have been corroded for months...he cleans them frequently...they corrode again.


It's supposed to be in the 90's today with an Ozone Warning. It's going on 9:00 and already 84 outside. Time to get moving!





I do a bit of internet research and find that most people think that a corroded battery cable means the battery is bad. This is not true. After some google work and finding real Mechanic sites, (insert Tim Taylor howl here), I find the facts.

Here is what it looked like, via google images...






My fact finding mission taught me that the corrosion comes from the cables. They needed replaced. Further research lead me to the fact that it will cost between $79 and $139 to have this done by a mechanic. They also would replace the battery. Which isn't necessary, but I am a female, so they would know better. ;)

I decided to check out some DIY sites. LO AND BEHOLD, you can find out how to do it. I begin to gather my tools. We don't have what I need. My sister does though, so does my mom. I decide to borrow theirs. Hi ho, hi ho..cable changing I go.

It wasn't terribly difficult. I have to admit that I went and got a chair. Bending over that short car is back breaking. I managed to remove the cables and take out the battery to avoid curling my hair. Then I start on the wires. Snip snip. Ok. Off to Auto Zone. Shameless plug but since dad works there, I get a nice discount!

I took the cable connectors and the battery, just in case. They test batteries for FREE! The battery is fine...I knew that, remember? They also clean the top posts of the battery for you. Less crud for me, yay!

I leave having spent $7 on electrical tape and top-mount cable connectors. I return home, clip the wires, insert them, tape them, put the battery back, connect the wires, and have a diet coke with mom.

Now for the test. I am completely confident in my work. I get in, and start it right up! What joy! What elation! What savings! It's 11:00 and all's well!

My first stop is AutoZone to show the grease monkeys what a wonderful job I did. Ok, so I had them look it over for major errors, too. They said "Ya done good!" hehe

I proudly text my husband telling him to meet me outside his office with my minivan keys. When I pull up, there is my love. I pop the hood, he giggles. I made him see my handy work. I think he was genuinely impressed....I know I was!

What a great day! I'm CHARGED!

1 comments:

Michelle Barnhart said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing a precious glimpse of your life...it's so fun! I'm just gonna have to start a blog too....:)