? ??????????????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??10 Grabs Today. 1707 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Born 2 Be A Star? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (17 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 7898 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Pu BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 19, 2009

A Bum Knee, Sunburnt Armpit, And a Zit The SIZE of Texas

I never know how to start this. Hi, howdy, hello again? I will just write.
My day started off normal, HA. That means, I woke up with plans and tried to initiate them. Life's what you make it, right? No, Hannah Montana, life is what everyone else throws in...and how you deal with it.

The day started with going to check out a new store in our small town. A ladies boutique. We need it, we need anything. I took mom and my girls. The stock is great if you are a size 2 or 4 and like sparkly things and plaids. I didn't last long there but mom has hopes of finding a
Mother of the Bride dress through this lady. We will see. The wedding is in November, by the way, and I am a bridesmaid. *gasp

When we left there, I was famished. No breakfast and looking at those sizes really made me want fast food. BK here we come. Now, maybe it's me, I'm not sure. I have never been a snobby sort, but seeing really dirty kids without shoes while I try to order my ginormous chicken sandwich is somewhat distracting. Why don't people wash their children? Why do I let my children play in similar places with these kids? Oh well....mine looked cleaner today.

Next stop, the nursing home. My oldest daughter, Ali, volunteers there. Today was the day she was to help take residents to garage sales. She was really excited. She had to be there by noon. They left at 10. Nice. Kids that are serious enough to volunteer, taking time out of their summer, to spend at a nursing home don't really cope well with being left behind. A phone call would have been simple, right?

SUPERMOM will fix it, we will go to the pool. Which is my way of saying, 'screw the housework, it's a nice day to do nothing!' Grandpa wants to join us. He looks like a lobster. Seriously, he takes off his shirt and people burst out in laughter. He got a major sunburn yesterday, except that one spot where he must have wiped Abby's sunscreen off on his shoulder. HILARIOUS! Ok, it's not funny anymore. I have a sunburn in my armpit. Well, that little part of tender skin that is not quite under your arm, but not exactly your shoulder. Yeah, that bites. I think it's from my "relaxing with a good book". It is really going to hurt later.

I get home for my next adventure, my husband, the World of Warcrafter, has a non-working computer. WOW is a long blog for another day. The issue at hand is to fix this sucker fast. It's Father's Day Weekend and he looks like someone kicked his puppy. I was planning on getting him a new hammock. I guess he got a new power supply. It could have been worse, the hard drive survived. If that just sounded like I know what I am talking about, that is really funny. The guy at the computer repair place was very unnerved by me. It was mutual. His name is Patrick. Not to be confused with anything less formal. He kept clicking his tongue and saying "um huh, hum, uh hum". If you have ever seen Big Bang Theory, I was the girl...he was Sheldon.

Tonight brought an outing with Alison and her friend. The orthodontist that Ali goes to has parties and FREE outings. That is why braces are like $5000, right? Free outings? Anyway, we go to Ohio for miniature golf and prizes on a 95 degree day. It was fun, just us girls. We danced and sang on our way. Why does it embarrass our kids that we can actually be fun?

On my way home, I get a text from a friend who is newly in love. This is a wonderful thing. It makes me truly happy for her. However, the text made me nearly drive off the road. It said "I have a ZIT on my nose the size of Texas!" I am trying to think of an appropriate response but the best I have whilst driving a tad fast on a country road is ROFL. Lame, but honest. She was a bit offended so I had my daughter text for me ( I was DRIVING), "I have a sunburned armpit, wanna trade?" I think that made her re prioritize. She didn't seem to be interested in my ailment and I also shared that I still get zits in my mid 30's. See, perspective is everything.

I get home and find on facebook that one of my new, very dear friends is hurt. She has a bum knee. She's over an hour away and I can't help. I HATE that! I am trying to advise her the best I can to help it feel better. Ice and heat. She said she has neither. Now, I'm not always "girl scout prepared", but no ice? This really confuses me. She said that she put the water in the tray and it has somehow evaporated. There is no ice. She does have frozen veggies. I told her that is really an ice pack. Who wants to eat frozen veggies anyway?

Life is great! Friends are so much fun!

0 comments: