? ??????????????Pink Plaid Lights? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??10 Grabs Today. 1707 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Born 2 Be A Star? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (17 Ratings)??18 Grabs Today. 7898 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Pu BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Counting It Down

It's been a few days since I have blogged. It is such great therapy, I miss it terribly. I haven't been home much. Today is Wednesday. I have driven over 1000 miles in the last week. I didn't even go anywhere out of town today, and Saturday we were at an amusement park. Basically, those miles were logged on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday. Crazy.




As I sit here looking at the clock, I am realizing how fast life goes by. In about forty-two minutes it will be my birthday. I will be Thirty-Seven. I just realized when I typed that, I told a friend earlier today that I was turning thirty-eight! YIKES! Why rush it? Am I really at that age where I don't know how old I am without doing the math? Since it's late, I will throw out that I was born on 7/2/72, cool I know. You do the math.


When marking anniversaries, birthdays and the like, don't we reflect? It just seems natural. I was sitting here on Facebook when a friend asked "what's up rhwojc?" I remembered I hadn't blogged. So I began thinking about what to say. I figure this opens up the discussion of background for me.


In the last 37 years I have done so much. Major things would be that I have lived in more than 25 homes in five states, watched my siblings grow up and get married (all but that November Bridesmaid opportunity). I have gone to two high schools which resulted in friends around the globe. I went to three different colleges, because I can't stay in one place, obviously. My life has been blessed with three nieces and two nephews, one of whom I WILL meet in heaven. My soulmate was more or less handed to me, (thank you GOD for making that simple). My children have come into my life and turned my world upside-down several times. I have countless role models and friends. Most recently, I found my calling in substitute teaching. I have lost all but one of my grandparents, and great grandparents, (I had a total of seven when I started this journey). I have so many things to be thankful for.


In the next year, I will witness my little sister get married. I will see my mom get a new knee, right mom? I will see my dad hit that magic age we call retirement, but being a baby boomer, I am sure he will continue to work. Besides, he likes his job. My oldest two children will both be in middle school! My little nephew will start Kindergarten, Abby will be there to protect and torture him from third grade. I will continue to search for my natural hair color because it can't possibly be gray. I will visit friends at colleges. I have wanted to do this for years now. They really can't stay there forever, although, some do try ;)


I am not making resolutions, mind you, that would be stupid. I am just thinking of what is to come. I get so excited to see my kids reach milestones. I believe that makes my own seem less dramatic. Maybe that's why I can't remember how old I am, it doesn't matter, it's just a number.



That's right! It doesn't matter! I will be twenty seventeen, in about 15 minutes. Thank you to a friend that shares my birthday for that one. It softens the blow.

2 comments:

smalltowngirl said...

Am I the one that will try to stay in college forever?!

Real Housewife of Jay County said...

I had you and someone else in mind! Although, I think you have found your motivation to get 'er done!